Tuesday, February 17, 2009

...And We're Off!!!


Well, this trip's been 3 years in the making, and leave it to me to still be packing the last day! Actually, we decided to head down to Chicago tonight and spend the night in a hotel due to the predicted snow/ice storm for tomorrow. Today is Bill and my 13th wedding anniversary, so maybe we can catch a decent dinner to celebrate also.

I've got everything packed for 3 people for 2 weeks. And did it into 2 checked suitcases, 1 carry-on wheely bag and a backpack. I've got everything from diapers and formula, to baby food and sunscreen. Gifts for the nannies and the orphanage director, and toys for Ella to play with in the hotel room. A thick packet of paperwork for the U.S. Consulate, and various electronics including an iPod, laptop, camera, video camera, headphones for calling home via our computer, etc. Oh, and a few clothes for Bill & I! Don't be surprised to see us in the same clothes in every picture!

Today I went to school and had lunch with Ian. He was uncharacteristically quiet. I think it's starting to hit him that he won't see us for 2 weeks. I'm sure I will miss him more than he misses me, though. He's got some fun stuff planned for the weekends that we're gone.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

It's so exciting! All of us at the Oshkosh Allergy Center are absolutely thrilled for you. Good luck, good luck, good luck, and we can't wait to meet Ella! And happy anniversary!